The IASP 2021 World Congress Scientific Program Committee works tirelessly to provide attendees with the latest and greatest research, methodologies, and clinical practices in the pain field. Speakers and presenters from around the globe offer attendees the chance to learn through a variety of different formats including lectures, posters, or hands-on settings. This diverse program offers something for everyone, no matter your specialty, discipline, or career level. All scientific program content is vetted and peer-reviewed.
Plenary lectures are presented by internationally-known speakers of considerable scientific or clinical practice achievement. The 25-minute lectures feature the most current information on a diverse array of topics in the field of pain research and treatment that are relevant to both basic scientists and clinicians. Award lectures are presented to distinguishing individuals for their contributions to the field of pain are also featured in this series.
Topical Workshops are a series of concurrent 75-minute sessions providing attendees the opportunity to learn the latest in multidisciplinary, cutting-edge approaches to pain research, clinical treatments, and translation from research to practice. Each session presents viewpoints from a panel of speakers and offers the opportunity for Q&A.
Special Interest Group (SIG) Symposia are in-depth and multidisciplinary presentations on a single, specific research or educational topic in the pain field. Symposia are organized by IASP Special Interest Groups.
The Virtual Poster Hall displays video presentations, abstracts, and posters from presenters showcasing their research and findings in a virtual environment.
Refresher Courses offer attendees the opportunity to learn up-to-date information and renew their knowledge on topics that are deemed critical to the field of pain study and treatment. These courses will be available on IASP’s Pain Education Resource Center (PERC) beginning in September 2021.
IASP Virtual Series on Pain and Expo was a series of scientific sessions presented September 2020 – March 2021. IASP Virtual Series on Pain featured Topical Workshops that were accepted for the 18th World Congress on Pain, Area for the Lived Virtual Experience (ALiVE) sessions related to the lived experience of pain, and Special Interest Group (SIG) webinars. These sessions are available on PERC.
IASP 2021 Virtual World Congress on Pain Scientific Program Committee Members
- Andrew Rice, MBBS MD FRCA FFPMRCA| Chair, United Kingdom
- Michiel Reneman, PhD| The Netherlands
- Lars Arendt-Nielsen, Prof., Dr. Med., PhD| Denmark
- Michael Gold, PhD| United States
- Ian Gilron, MD, MSc, FRCP(C) | Canada
- Michele Sterling, PhD| Australia
- Qasim Aziz, PhD, FRCP| United Kingdom
- David Bennett, PhD| United Kingdom
- Sushma Bhatnagar, MD| India
- Cathy Cahill, PhD| United States
- Mario Campero, MD| Chile
- Michael Costigan, PhD| United States
- Robert Edwards, PhD| United States
- Frank Huygen, MD, PhD| The Netherlands
- Supranee Niruthisard, MD| Thailand
- Melanie Noel, PhD| Canada
- Romy Parker, PhD| South Africa
- Xuejun Song, MD, PhD| China
- Jennifer Stinson, PhD| Canada
- Laura Stone, PhD| Canada
- Cheryl Stucky, PhD| United States
- Peter Svensson, DDS, PhD, DrOdont| Denmark
- Camilla Svensson, PhD| Sweden
- Nurcan Uçeyler, MD| Germany
- Lene Vase, PhD| Denmark
- Irina Vetter, BPharm, PhD| Australia
- Tor Wager, PhD| United States
- Shigeki Yamaguchi, MD, PhD| Japan